Moreover, from this feature you can have basic scheduled maintenance like cleaning up temporary files or scanning the Hard Drive for the errors and it will let you know the suspicious files from Action Center.
Moreover, from this feature you can have basic scheduled maintenance like cleaning up temporary files or scanning the Hard Drive for the errors and it will let you know the suspicious files from Action Center.
How to enable flow control for your network adapter
1. Go to the Start button and click on it to choose Control Panel and type View Network connection in the search box and click View Network Connections.
2. Then right click on your Network Connection and then choose Properties.
3. Then on the Networking Tab choose Configure.
4. Now, choose Advanced Tab and choose Flow Control in the list under Property.
5. Then under Value, choose an option to enable the flow control and then click OK.
1. First, you have to ensure the Internet Connection in the XP Computer is correctly configured.
2. Then go to Start and then choose Control Panel. Instead, press Windows Key + R Key simultaneously and then type Control Panel in the Run command. This opens the Control Panel Window in the Computer.
3. Then click on the Create a new connection.
4. Thereafter, click on Next in the Network Connection.
5. Then click on the Connect to the Network at my workplace and then click on Next.
6. If you’re using a dial-up connection click “Automatically Dial This Initial Connection” and then click on your Dial-up Internet Connection from the list.
1. First, click on Start to go to Control Panel.
If you are getting an error message saying, "The local computer does not support encryption" with error code 741, when you’re trying to connect with a VPN connection, it may be a serious error. This error occurs when the encryption of your computer doesn’t match to the encryption of VPN Server. If you will change the encryption settings, the system can start working normally. Follow the steps to make your computer use the settings of 3DES.
On the other hand, it offers conventional SD/SDHC Memory Card, the DMC-FX66 that is able to work with the next generation SD format SDXC (SD eXtended Capacity).
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
After you upgrade to Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or to Internet Explorer 7, the following registry key is either missing or corrupted:
If you want to resolve the issue, just follow the following steps.
If you are using Windows mail and you don’t know to check spelling in a message, this article will be very useful for you.
How to set the language for the spelling checker
1. You can open Windows Mail by clicking the Start button, choosing All Programs, and then choosing Windows Mail.
2. Then click the Tools menu, choose Options, and then click on the Spelling tab.
3. Thereafter, under Language, in the drop-down list, choose the language you want to use (English, French, German, or Spanish).
4. After choosing that, click on Apply, and then click on OK.
5. Remember, even if the English is listed as the default language, you should select English if you want to use it.
How to Install
If you are going to install, you will need the following installed in order to take on this task.
• VNC client (such as gtk vnc)
• Ssh client (openssh works fine)
• Ssh server (openssh-server works great)
• VNC server (x11vnc is my recommendation)
Hereafter, you can use it, the name of the tool is Ainvo Registry Defrag. It improves the performance and stability of the Windows by performing defragmentation regularly in the Computer. Moreover, the tool can optimize the performance and the stability of the Computer and makes you stress free. You can use this registry defragmenter with all Windows Platforms and you can use it to perform a quick defragmentation including all the registry sections with a single click. This is necessary tool for those who want to save time and finish the work easier. At the same time, you can use this for your regular installation and un-installation of the new Software. This tool displays a defragmentation map in order to evaluate the condition of the registry.
• There will be multi-touch gestures OS-Wide.
• Multitasking is possible by “A few new ways” to run application in the background.
• It features many graphical and UI changes to make navigation through the OS easier and more efficient.
• This updates will be compatible for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS.
• You can have a new syncing ability for the contact and calendar applications.
How to change the Start menu options, follow these steps:
• First, right click on the Start button on the Taskbar and choose Properties.
• Then Taskbar And Start Menu Properties dialog box will be displayed with the Start Menu tab selected by default.
• Then on the Start Menu tab, choose the Power Button Action list in order to select the Action to use when the Power Button is pressed. The option comprises Switch User, Log Off, Lock, Restart, Sleep and Shut Down.
How to configure a default Web site
If you install IIS, it will be pre-configured to serve as a default Web site. However, you have to change some of the settings of the IIS. If you want to change the basic settings for the Web site follow the following steps.
1. There may be a fast User Switching before attempting creating the DVD or Recordable CD.
2. Second, the user may not have Administrator rights.
Okay, let’s see the procedure that provided steps to create a DVD or a Recordable CD. Remember, the steps given below suit Windows Vista Operating System and there will be a slight different for Windows 7 Operating System and Windows XP Operating System.
In this article, we have given the detail steps to configure a Computer running Windows Server 2003 as a web browser. IIS is known as Microsoft Internet Information Services is known as the web service and is integrated with the Windows Server 2003.
You can use the following steps to install IIS, add optional component or to remove optional components.
Before, you are going to upgrade the Windows Vista Operating System to Windows 7 Operating System, it is strongly recommended to take a printout of this article because, the system will prompt you to reinstall the Computer during the installation progress. Therefore, taking a printout will help you a lot in this regard.
What is Event Viewer
It is used to notify the significant occurrence in the system or in a program or an entry added to a log. Moreover, the Event Log Service is able to record applications, security and system events in the Event Viewer. At the same time, you can get the information about your Hardware, Software, System Components and Monitor Security events on a local or Remote Computer. They are very useful to identify and diagnose the source of current system problems and to help predict potential system issues.
Procedure to create the Active Directory
If you finish the installation of the Windows Server 2003 on a stand-alone server, you have to run the Active Directory Wizard in order to create a new Active Directory Forest or Domain. Then you can convert the Windows Server 2003 Computer into the first Domain Controller in the forest. Get ready to convert the Windows Server 2003 Computer to the first domain controller in the forest.
If you are looking for an article to configure a Secondary Name Server in Windows Server 2003, this article will be very useful for you.
• First, click Start, choose Administrative Tools and then click DNS.
• Now, you have to expand the Host Name in the Console Tree. Here the Host Name is the host name of the DNS Server.
• After that, expand the Forward Lookup Zones in the Console Tree.
• Then right click on the Zone you want and then choose Properties. (Example, example.com)
• Now, click the Name Server tab and then click Add.
• Now, you have to type the host name of the server that you want to add in the Server Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) box. For example, type namesvr2.example.com.
• Type the IP Address of the name of the Server in the IP Address Box and then click Add. For example, 192.168.0.22
This System Configuration Utility is able to automate the routine troubleshooting steps that are used by the Microsoft Customer Support Services professionals. It is used to diagnose the System Configuration Issues. If you want to use this utility in order to modify the System Configuration, you have to select Check boxes to eliminate issues that are not related to your configuration. Moreover, this process can reduce the risk of typing errors that you may make in text editor like Notepad and Word.
Group Policy is an important feature of the Microsoft Windows NT family of operating systems. It is a set of rules, which control the working environment of user accounts and computer accounts.
Moreover, you can have a centralized management and configuration of operating systems Group Policy. In addition, Group Policy features applications and users' settings in an Active Directory environment.
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you look at the error report, it contains click the “Click Here” link at the bottom of the message box. Then you can see the error signature information that is similar to
If your Computer has an OEM installed Operating System, you don’t need to use this procedure as the system hive on OEM installation creates passwords and user accounts that did not exist previously. If you use this procedure, you will not be able to log back into the recovery console to restore the original registry hives. Moreover, this article assumes that typical recovery methods have failed and access to the System is not available except by using Recovery Console.
Windows 7 has come out with a new feature called Windows XP Mode. It lets you run older Windows XP Operating system right on the Windows 7 Operating System Desktop. Windows XP Mode is available as a separate download and works only with Windows 7 professional, Ultimate and Enterprise. At the same time, Windows XP Mode requires Virtualization Software like Windows Virtual PC and both of them are available free for download on Microsoft website. If you want to download the Windows XP Mode, you can visit Windows Virtual PC site.
1. First, you need to open the Control Panel. Then choose Classic View.
2. Then click on Security Center icon.
3. If your Security Center is turned OFF, enable it again to perform the following steps.
4. Now, click on the Change the way Security Center alerts me option as shown in the below image.
Follow the steps to enable the Hidden Built-In Administrator Account
1. First, open an elevated Command Prompt.
2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command as it appears.
net user administrator /active:yes
3. Then press Enter.
4. Once you press Enter, the system will show you a statement that Command Completed Successfully.
5. If you see the above message, all it is done.
In order to resolve this issue in Windows Vista, follow the following steps:
1. First, click on Start and then go to Control Panel.
2. Then choose Appearance and Personalization, choose Personalization and then choose Change Desktop Icons.
3. Now, click to select the Recycle Bin check box and then click on OK.
4. Now, check if the problem is fixed, if it is fixed, you are done.
5. Otherwise, you can follow the next troubleshooting steps.
In order to fix this issue in Windows XP, you can use one of the following methods:
Use the program that removed the Recycle Bin to restore the Recycle Bin
This is a new problem occurs in Internet Explorer 8, whereas it was not occurring in the earlier versions of Internet Explorer.
For example, you might have experienced any of the following issues in Internet Explorer 8.
• Menus, images, or text will be incorrectly located in some websites.
• Some Web site features won’t work.
• You will be intimated script error messages on some Web sites.
• Internet Explorer will stop working or crash on some Web sites.
All it happens as some of the websites have been designed for older version of browsers. Therefore, the problems occur often due to the compatibility issues on these sites until they are updated to Internet Explorer 8.
How To Run Check Disk from the Command Line
Running Check Disk is so easy from an elevated Command Prompt or within other tools. Moreover, you can text the integrity of drive C at the elevated point by typing the command “chkdsk C:”
Tired of tracking events in more than one place? Now you can manage your Windows Live Calendar (and Windows Live Hotmail® messages) from within Microsoft® Office Outlook®. It's like two calendars in one.
Outlook Connector provides a free solution for managing your Windows Live Hotmail e-mail and contacts from within Outlook. With the new release of the Outlook Connector, you can connect your Windows Live Hotmail account in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2003 free of charge.
Therefore, it is required to uninstall Windows XP Service Pack 3 as a troubleshooting step. By reading this article, you can know how to remove Windows XP SP3 from a Computer.
Once you finish the process, visit the Microsoft website and then install the latest updates for your system.
If you remove Internet Explorer 8 from your Computer, your earlier version of Internet Explorer will be restored with your customizations like Addins, Favorites and your Home page. Therefore, if you uninstall the IE 8 you should have to install any third-party web browser in order to browse the net. If you still want to uninstall Internet Explorer 8, follow the instructions for your version of Windows. Remember, you should log in as an Administrator.
Now, we are going to discuss about the VHDs in our blog. In previous versions or Windows, VHDs were in use for Virtual Machines like Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 or Microsoft Virtual PC. In addition, Complete PC Backup in the Windows Vista Operating System created a copy of the Computer’s Hard Disk as a Virtual Disk Image.
Moreover, you can use the VHDs as a physical disk, with the Windows 7 Operating System. If you mount these VHDs, you can easily copy files to and from the Virtual Disks. At the same time, Windows 7 is easily configurable to boot from a VHD.
• The Fast User Switching may be in use before you attempt to create the DVD or Recordable CD.
• The user account you have logged in may not have the administrator rights.
Consider you have taken the backup of Drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users folder when the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) runs, after that if you will try to open the report for the backup activity, you can notice the following error message
How To Configure Backups:
Windows 7 OS is able to create both personal data backups and system image backups automatically. The personal backups are used to backup pictures, music, videos, email, documents and other types of important files. Moreover, you can use personal data backups to restore your data. If the computer stops working, you can use system image backups to restore a computer.
Moreover, using this tool you can set a time delay to shutdown or restart the system remotely. At the same time, this tool lets you close all the running applications on the remote computer at the time of shutdown. Therefore, you don’t have to afraid of saving documents or files. RemShutdown offers the user an option to cancel the Shutdown.
The speed and visual nature of the service encourages readers to look at many articles. At the same time, you can view the one that catches your interest. Just click through to the story publishers’ websites and use the feature.
Moreover, this article is about the supported method to prevent the members of Power Users group from creating or managing network shares.
If you modify the registry incorrectly, some serious problems might occur and these issues might require reinstalling the Operating System. At the same time, Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be fixed.
You can use Tweak UI version 2.10 or later version tool in order to prevent the members of the Power User group from creating or managing network shares. This tool is suitable for Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating Systems. The tool is able to change the various security settings without any need of modifying the registry. You can download this tool here.
Documents and Settings is a Windows system folder and is required for Windows to run properly. It cannot be moved or renamed.
The error message given in the above box is the famous error message you get when you try to move or rename the Documents and Settings folder in Windows XP Operating System. So you will get irritated as soon as you receive the error message. You can follow the following steps to specify a different folder for the Documents and Settings folder during installation.
1. First, run winnt.exe or winnt32.exe using the /unattend option and then insert the following command in the unattend.txt file. Here where z:\foldername is the path and folder name you want:
ProfilesDir = z:\foldername
2. Now, install Windows. The path you entered in the unattend.txt file will be in use instead of the default folder of Documents and Settings.
Definitely, you should know about the Microsoft Network Monitor, it is a Network Protocol Analyzer is used to capture, view and analyze the network traffic. Now, the version 3.3 Network Monitor is available for download in 32 and 64 bit versions.
Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
The Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) is a user friendly and easy to handle tool. It has been especially used to help administrators of small and medium-sized business ensure that the Windows based computers are secured. Moreover, you can use MBSA in order to determine the security state of your computers in accordance with Microsoft Security recommendations. At the same time, MBSA offers specific remediation guidance for security problems like misconfigurations and missing security updates.
We have given you a few tips about PowerShell here. The following are a few cmdlets used to create scripts that examine, create and manage AppLocker.
It has Get-AppLockerFileInformation that examines an executable or script and it is able to return the information. AppLocker is used to determine whether the application runs comprising the file hash, file path and publisher for signed files.
Get-AppLockerPolicy is examining either the effective AppLocker policy or the AppLocker policy from a GPO.
If you are going to upgrade your PC from Windows XP to Windows 7, you should select the Custom option during the installation process of Windows 7. Moreover, a custom installation is not able to preserve your programs, files and settings, because sometimes it is known as a “Clean Installation”.
In My Computer there will be an icon for each mapped drive and a list that appears in the left pane of the Windows Explorer of the Operating System.
Moreover, this tool will randomly show the images from a specified location or you can configure the same by clicking “Step 3’ tab on the utility window.
The Pocket N Router uses a SharedPort technology to share USB devices and it provides fast network connectivity that has all the regular security protocols to secure the network.
Definition: It is a software component designed in order to support the connections between software.
• Critical Update
Definition: It is a critical update; broadly released to fix a specific problem that occurs and addresses a critical, non-security-related bug. It is available for customers to download and accompanied by a Microsoft Knowledge Base article.
• Development Kit
Definition: Especially it has been designed to help the developers to write new programs. This Development Kits typically comprise a Visual Builder, an Editor and a Compiler.A development kit is software that is designed to help developers write new programs. Development kits typically include a visual builder, an editor, and a compiler.
Definition: A driver is a software component that is designed to support new hardware.
Routers that are known to support the automatic network configuration functionality that is used by Windows Home Server
The routers and wireless routers on the Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) are compatible with Windows Home Server because Microsoft has tested the routers on the Windows Vista HCL that they are able to support the automatic network configuration functionality that is used by Windows Home Server.
Moreover, in a domain you will be able to control the workstations to which users can log on by using the account properties in Active Directory Users And Computers. Just double click the account in order to view the properties dialog box. Then on the Account tab, click the Log On To button. After that, in a homegroup or workgroup, it is possible to remove any user account effectively or you can deny logon. If you want to deny log on just follow the following steps.
Once you have finished this work, you can see the icon on your desktop as follows. If you will open that particular folder, it will open up the following folder. How do you feel about that? Coooool.
Before following the troubleshoot steps, determine the internet connection is firm or not. If the line is connected and you are not able to send and receive emails, follow the method 1 to create a new email profile.
If you can’t connect to the Internet, this may be the obvious reason that you are not able to send and receive emails. Therefore, you have to contact your ISP. Once your connection is restored, try to send yourself an email to check if the problem is resolved. If you are still not able to send or receive emails even after your Internet connection is restored, use the method 1.
Now, the latest version of WordPress is released, it is 2.9.1. After a huge success of WordPress 2.9, it has been released. The earlier version was downloaded over a million times and got a lot of feedbacks from all of you. The version 2.9.1 has come out with a handful of minor issues as well as a rather annoying problem where scheduled posts and pingbacks are not processed correctly due to incompatibilities with some hosts.
• First, restart the system.
• When the system starts to boot, begin pressing the F8 Key.
• Now, in the Advanced Boot Option screen, select Safe Mode With Networking and then press Enter. You can use the arrow keys to select the options as you like.